Had some friends over at my place on saturday and for beer and “Navigare” (like the Monopoly Board Game only on the ocean). Unfortunately the dice was gone.. Well, creating a random thing shouldn’t be that hard on a computer, so I wrote this simple dice application.
Even though Apple has hidden the Automator workflows for Finder deeper down in the GUI, they are still very useful for doing batch actions. Both home and at office I use this collections of workflows every day. Almost!
Image utility workflows
- Add to iPhoto Adds image to Apple iPhoto
- Change Image Type Batch change image to the following formats: BMP, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PICT, PNG or TIFF
- Crop Photos Batch crop images by pixel or percent
- Flip Photos Batch flip your photos
- Frame Images Batch add a black border around your photos
- Print Photos Batch print your photos
- Rotate Photos Batch rotate your photos
- Scale Photos Batch scaling your photos
- Make names webfriendly Batch transform filenames to webfriendly format
To make this Automator Workflows avaiable from Finder, drop them into:
Today I recieved a beta invitation to Aviary – a collection of online applications for “image editing to typography to music to 3D to video”. By now it only seems I have access to Phoenix – a image editor and Peacook – a pattern creator.
We all got these lists that we keep. Maybe its in a Excel sheet or in a database. Myself I have two: one for my workouts and one for novels I have read. The first is in a database, and the latter is in a Google spreadsheet. Until now it has been a hassle updating them.
But now I have found the perfect tool for these small personal lists: Zoho Creator!
Zoho is a suite of online applications (they compete with Google Docs), and of their tools is Creator, a online web-app “web-app” maker. You create Forms where you input data and Views where you view and filter data. It also supports relationship (they call it Lookup fields) that lets you link between different databases.
Zoho Creator has also its own scripting language named Delugescript that you can use, is support exporting in a variety of formats, and embedding of forms in extern sites. Go check it of on creator.zoho.com
Page 1 of 1